In the past, printed shirts were not typically considered appropriate for the workplace. However, times have changed and it is now more acceptable to wear a printed shirt to work. In this blog post, we will explore how to wear printed shirts at work in a professional and stylish manner.
Choose the Right Print
- The first step to wearing printed shirts to work is to choose the right print. Prints with bold, bright colors or graphic designs may not be appropriate for the workplace. Opt for prints that are more subtle, such as small geometric patterns or simple stripes. You can also choose prints in neutral colors, like black and white, which are versatile and easy to style.
Pair with Neutral Bottoms
- When wearing a printed shirt to work, it's important to balance the look with neutral bottoms. This means choosing solid-colored pants or skirts in neutral colors like black, navy, gray, or khaki. This helps to keep the look professional and polished.
Stick to Classic Cuts
- Another key to wearing printed shirts to work is to stick to classic cuts. This means choosing shirts with classic collars and button-down fronts. Avoid shirts with trendy details like ruffles or embellishments, which can make the look appear too casual for the workplace. Stick to classic cuts that are tailored to fit well.
Layer with a Blazer
- If you're not sure how to wear a printed shirt to work, try layering it with a blazer. A blazer adds a layer of sophistication to the outfit and helps to balance out the print. Choose a blazer in a neutral color, like black or navy, to keep the look polished.
Keep Accessories Simple
- When wearing a printed shirt to work, it's important to keep accessories simple. Avoid statement jewellery or bold scarves, which can overwhelm the look. Instead, opt for simple pieces like a classic watch or a delicate necklace. This helps to keep the focus on the printed shirt and the overall professional look.
Play with Texture
- Another way to wear a printed shirt to work is to play with texture. Choose a shirt with a subtle print, like a small geometric pattern, and pair it with a textured blazer or skirt. This helps to add depth and interest to the outfit, while still keeping it professional.
Tuck it in
- Tucking in your printed shirt is another key to wearing it to work. This helps to create a polished, professional look. When tucking in your shirt, make sure it fits well and is not too loose or too tight. A well-fitted shirt looks more professional and put-together.
Pair with Classic Shoes
- Finally, when wearing a printed shirt to work, it's important to pair it with classic shoes. This means choosing shoes that are appropriate for the workplace, like loafers, pumps, or ankle boots. Avoid shoes that are too casual, like sandals or sneakers, which can make the look appear too relaxed.
In conclusion, wearing a printed shirt to work can be stylish and professional if done correctly. Choose the right print, pair with neutral bottoms, stick to classic cuts, layer with a blazer, keep accessories simple, play with texture, tuck it in, and pair with classic shoes. With these tips, you can rock a printed shirt to work with confidence and style.